Thursday, May 24, 2007

It Started When I Lost My Love

I had this crush on one Pakistani blood Malay girl, a Begum beauty from Kuala Lumpur. I tried hard to get her attention. I went to her hostel in UiTM, Shah Alam, only a few blocks from mine. I thought she was destined to be mine, but she was really hard to conquer. I was pursuing my degree in chemistry, and she was in food technology. One day I sent a letter to her telling her that I wanted to meet her (there was no mobile phone then, way back in 1981) at the cafeteria. And she signaled me that she would be there to see me.

She came indeed but with someone else, a guy. And I immediately noticed that the guy was a nerd from somewhere kampong area in Terengganu. She told me then, that there will be no future with me, that I was playful and immature. That nerd, according to her was a best student from one of the schools in UiTM. And she mentioned that she will marry that bloody fool!

So you know how I felt at the time. I was a fool to have fallen in love with this Begum. I knew then, that I was about to fall apart, that I was going to just ignore everything - studies, home, parents, etc.

OOOps, it's time to watch Liverpool vs AC Milan.

No comments:

Post a Comment